The Parc du Château or “Castle Park” is located on the site of a medieval castle destroyed in 1676. The park is situated in Schiltigheim, the largest suburb of Strasbourg, and is adjacent to its north side.
Castle Park is home to a children’s play area (sandbox, seesaw, slide, play structure) and more than thirty different varieties of trees. It is not too big, spacious and pleasant. Although there is no official mention of the garden, the territory really looks like one.
What we liked about it:
- Shady area, good on a hot day
- Has a small community garden
- Much more quiet than popular parks in the area (Parc de la Citadelle, Orangery)
- Multiple paths, benches, and well-kept area:
Castle Park, good to know
- No restroom on site and access to dogs is prohibited.
- Free entrance.
- Winter hours, from October 1 to March 31: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Summer hours, from April 1 to September 30: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Address: Sq. du Château, 67300 Schiltigheim.
Have fun and don’t forget a blanket in summer and a hot beverage during the cold time of the year. We liked spending some quiet time at the benches while kids ran at the playground:
Other gardens and places we like spending time in Strasbourg:
Thanks for visiting!